First Commercial Skydiving Center in the United States
Published: October 3, 2014
If you could skydive anywhere in the world, where would it be? With opportunities to make a jump in just about every corner of the globe, the options are endless. However, there are a few places whose beauty is best appreciated from 13,000 feet.
1. Queenstown, New Zealand - Known as "The Adventure Capital of the World", Queenstown is a prime destination for adrenaline junkies of all persuasions. So it comes as no surprise that NZone Skydive Centre is one of the world's busiest dropzones. This is thanks, in part, to its top notch facilities, but also to its breathtaking location in the Wakatipu Basin which offers a stunning bird's eye view of the South Island's pristine snow covered mountains and clear blue lakes.
2. Dubai - Quickly becoming the most coveted skydiving experience in the world, Skydive Dubai's luxurious facilities and prime location have made it the go-to destination for celebrities, sports stars and millionaires who want to take the plunge. Make a reservation well in advance, and you too can take in The Palm and Dubai Marina from 13,000 feet.
3. Switzerland - Long considered the most beautiful place to skydive in Europe, the snow capped mountains, plush green valleys and crystal clear lakes of the Swiss Alps might make your eyes pop out of your head! To sweeten the deal, Skydive Lauterbrunnen offers you the choice of two equally stunning dropzone locations and a ride to altitude in a helicopter.
4. Tahiti - When you hear the word paradise, chances are your mind envisions a place that looks a lot like Tahiti. Can you imagine the sparkling aqua marine waters of French Polynesia rushing towards you in freefall? Imagine no more! If you're willing to shell out a decent chunk of cash, Skydive Tahiti will serve up a once in a lifetime feast for your eyes on a tandem skydive over Bora Bora. Check out photos here.
5. Mt. Everest- Have an extra $35,000 and a few weeks of vacation to kill? Then Everest Skydive might be for you. Considered one of the most "Elite Adventure Holidays" in the world, this one of a kind expedition will take you from the streets of Kathmandu, deep into the heart of Sherpa country and up to 29,500 feet for a high altitude jump over the world's highest mountain range.